The City of Moxee is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant City Clerk II.
Assistant City Clerk II
The City of Moxee is seeking a person interested in a career as Assistant City Clerk II. This person will assist the City Clerk Treasurer. Job duties will include answering phones, Utility Billing, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Account Receivable, and receptionist duties. The position is a full-time position. The ideal person will possess a high level of professionalism, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a high capacity for organization and attention to detail.
Minimum requirements include: High School diploma or equivalent, experience with Microsoft Office and Excel spreadsheets. The City offers an excellent benefit package.
Applications must be submitted to:
Moxee City Hall
255 W Seattle Ave
PO Box 249
Moxee, WA 98936
Application Deadline: Monday November 6, 2023
Only Complete Applications will be reviewed.
The City of Moxee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: October 16, 2023
Position: Title: Assistant City Clerk II
Department: City Hall
Pay Range: $52,000 – $62,400/yr.
Benefits: PERS. Medical, Dental, and Vision for Employee & Dependents. Paid Sick, Vacation, and Holidays.
The Assistant City Clerk II is a full-time nonexempt position that reports to the City Clerk – Treasurer. The Assistant City Clerk II assists the City Clerk – Treasurer in fulfilling the responsibilities of the office of the City Clerk – Treasurer and the office of the City Supervisor.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities represented in this job description in no way imply that these are the only duties to be performed. This job description reflects general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of the job but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of duties.
Essential Job Functions:
- Utility billing – process changes to utility accounts, send monthly upload file to Public Works for monthly meter reading, review returned meter readings for errors and potential adjustments in preparation for monthly water usage billing, process monthly delinquency postings, process monthly shut-off notice posting for past due accounts, process monthly water shut-offs for unpaid utility accounts.
- Work as liaison between the city’s garbage service customers and the garbage service contractor for garbage service changes, concerns, and or issues.
- Accounts receivable and cash handling, receipt all incoming payments from utility customers, vendors, agency partners, and general customers of the city, reconcile day-end transactions and prepare daily bank deposit. Process NSF checks and NSF ACH payments on Utility Accounts.
- Process semimonthly payroll for all employees. Process and pay monthly payroll liabilities and the end of each month’s payroll cycle. Process new hire payroll forms: Form I9 & Form W4.
- Respond to all Title Company inquiries regarding property liens and utility account status.
- Receive Business License applications and review for completeness in preparation for the City Supervisor’s review.
- Receive building permit applications and corresponding documents, check for completeness. Create an official file for City Supervisor’s review.
- Create Building Permit Invoice.
- Receive land-use applications and corresponding documents, check for completeness. Create an official file for City Supervisor’s review.
- Serve as main contact person for annual cross connection testing requirements for City residents. Prepare annual cross-connection communications. Track all annual test reports to ensure that all cross-connections have a successful test. Track failed cross-connections to ensure repair or replacement has been completed.
- Assist the agency’s CCS (Public Works Lead) with the annual Washinton State Department of Health’s Cross Connection Annual Summary Report.
- Complete the Washinton State Office of Financial Management’s annual Housing Unit and Population survey.
- Complete the Association of Washington Cities annual Salary and Benefit Survey.
- Dispatch Public Works for immediate public works needs. Create Public Works Work Orders for upcoming public works needs.
- Provide formal city-wide communication regarding annual dog licensing. Issue annual dog licenses. Track annual dog licensing.
- Process city facility reservations and maintain city reservation calendar.
- Provide service and assistance to other employees and customers in-person, over the phone, and/or via email.
- Maintain and update city forms and applications.
- File and maintain city records for easy retrieval.
- Adheres to strict confidentiality requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applications can be found here or picked up at Moxee City Hall.